Holiday Season Theft Prevention Campaign
(Woodland, CA) - November 25, 2014 - Yolo County District Attorney Jeff Reisig is announcing the “Tis’ the Season…Lock It to Stop It!” holiday season theft prevention campaign. Theft is often a crime of opportunity and occurs at an all-time high during the holidays. District Attorney Reisig wants to encourage the citizens of Yolo County to be extra vigilant during the holiday season, protecting themselves and their possessions. As part of this campaign, the District Attorney’s Office will be posting holiday theft prevention and related safety tips through their social media outlets.
The first post will be focusing on personal shopper safety for those seeking great deals on Black Friday. These tips include:
• Do not buy more than you can safely carry to your vehicle.
• If shopping online, do so with reputable companies you can trust.
• Deter pickpockets. Carry your purse close to your body and put your wallet in your front pocket.
• Have your keys in hand when approaching your vehicle.
• Do not leave packages visible in your car windows while shopping.
You can find more information by visiting the Yolo County District Attorney’s Office on Facebook and Twitter or through the yoloda.org website. We will post additional safety tips in upcoming weeks and throughout the holiday season.
District Attorney Reisig’s message is “This holiday season we want all Yolo County citizens to stay aware, be safe and remember to lock it to stop it!”